Sunday, March 23, 2008

Caitlin and Emma's Spring Break Visit

As a very last minute arrangement, Caitlin and Emma came for a visit while Caitlin and Aunt E were both on spring break. They arrived Wednesday, but once we did a quick dinner and church, it was time for bed.

Thursday morning, Uncle George got up early for work, and apparently the girls heard him, and were up with the sun as well. Admittedly, not quite how Aunt E had dreamed of spending her spring break mornings. Apparently Caitlin was a little confused too, "Spring break is much more funner than school," she explained, "During school I have to get up at like 8:00"...I laughed, as I attempted to explain to her that it was only 7:10. The girls curled up on the couch with their blankets as I made breakfast. We had a big day planned ahead of us.

First off, I had to go to work for short time due to a situation that arose earlier in the week. Not a big deal concerning me, but I was asked to come in and give a hand if possible. The girls entertained themselves in my "little classroom" (according to Caitlin and Emma), and eventually they went and played in another room, while they were able to watch a movie and play with toys.

The next stop was a "healthy" meal at Culvers and we headed downtown for their big surprise. We arrived at their surprise location to get tickets, but had about 45 minutes to spare, so we headed next door to the Hallmark Visitor's Center.

Here the girls were able to watch some clips of some Hallmark Hall of Fame movies.
The girls sat on big tubs of "paint" for a picture opportunity. Emma was convinced the large orange container with the syringe was "just like my nose spray".

There were two large displays of keepsake ornaments they were able to see.
This is the machine I remember as a child seeing at the Visitor's Center. The bow making machine. There is a large spool of ribbon in a machine, and you push a button and watch a bow formed right in front of your eyes...best of all...you get to keep the bow!
It was more difficult than I thought to get both girls to look at the camera at the same time.
Here Emma is guilty of straying eyes...a kind group of ladies who had fun with Caitlin and Emma at the bow machine took the picture for us.

3 comments:

Kelly Spezzano said...

I worked for a Hallmark retail store, but I have never heard of this visitor's center. That looks so cool! Sounds like these girls have a great Aunt and Uncle! Hope you enjoyed your visit with them!

Other Mother said...

It took a whole GROUP of ladies to take your picture? Were you being difficult?

strem said...

I miss that place. Each time visitors would come to KC, it seemed we ended up there. Glad the girls liked it, and glad the aunt/niece day went so well.