Getting used to the unexpected...for those that know me well, know that I like to have things very planned and organized. I am very schedule oriented. After traveling for the last 3 weekends, George and I had been looking forward to a weekend at home to get a little more settled in the house. As we counted down the days until Friday we anxiously awaited the weekend. Friday at lunch I got a call from George, and I knew it could only mean one thing...he would be leaving. Where to this time? New Orleans, to assist in assessing/training at the site of Hurricane Gustav. Thankfully, we had until Sunday afternoon this time to prepare, doing laundry, getting packed, and even having a special date night of dinner and putt putt mini-golf.
So on the official "halfway" point of the pregnancy, 20 weeks, George flew south for work. Unfortunately, he came down with a horrible head cold less than 12 hours prior to leaving. So please pray for him that he will either recover quickly, or be able to locate a doctor for some antibiotics if needed.
At this point, the plane ticket was a one way ticket. When asked if he was willing to go...he replied, "sure...as long as I'm home by the 23rd"(the ultrasound date). His supervisor said, "I think we can do that", but of course, no promises were made. Hurricane Ike is heading toward the Gulf tonight, and that could have a huge impact on what's ahead for George. Please just pray for his safety, and a speedy return.