Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Recipe Exchange-Day 2

Still under the weather here, and never managed to get my recipe posted yesterday. Thankfully, we were hit with snow yesterday, so I am home all day to get some rest without having to use a sick day.

I am going to go ahead and stick with a theme this week...all my recipes will be from Weight Watchers sources. This is what we had for dinner last night;

Wagon Wheel Beef Soup

3 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta
3/4 pound ground round
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 (1-pound, 10-ounce) bottle low-fat pasta sauce
1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
2 (14-ounce) cans less-sodium beef broth

1. Cook pasta and drain
2. cook beef and onion, drain
3. Mix pasta and beef mixture together and add remaining ingredients
4. Cook until thoroughly heated

4 comments:

Kelly Spezzano said...

That bronchitis can sure be a pain to get over. Glad you got a "free" day off!

I am really happy to see the healthy recipes. I don't follow weight watchers, but it's always good to have this kind of recipe in the aresenal! :)

lydia said...

I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were feeling. I'm thankful you had a snow day!

This recipe sounds like a good one. It seems like you could prepare most of it in the morning and then just heat and add the pasta in the evening.

~*Rachel*~ said...

wow, hard to believe this stuff is weight watchers, sound so yummy!

Thanks for sharing

strem said...

This looks great. Now, I have two new beef soup recipes to try.