Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Seattle: Day 3

Wednesday in Seattle we headed back downtown to see more things that we didn't get to see the day before. We started out in the market again and strolled around a few different areas of the market. We had found out about the "gum wall" from our tour guide the day before. We just happened to stumble upon it...ICK!

That is right...behind us...a wall COVERED in layers and layers of chewed gum. You're only seeing about half the wall!
Some had taken the time to form letters and words with their gum before sticking it to the wall. Others had made it looks stringy as if it was dripping off.
Some had made alternative additions to the wall...such as pennies, trash, or as you see in this picture...a bullet!

I thought this was a clever sign in the market.
Random muscian. They are everywhere in Seattle! I just thought this guy was kinda cute.

After strolling around a bit, we stopped into Piroshky Piroshky, a Russian bakery. It was good, but different. We again headed down to the waterfront to hop on the ferry to take the 35 minute ride over to Bainbridge Island. We kept telling Charlotte about the boat, but I don't think she every understood that she was on a boat, because she just kept pointing to all the other boats.
A beautiful view of Mt. Ranier. Typically this time of year you can't see if from Seattle. But we were able to see several glimpses on our trip.
View of Seattle from the ferry.
The only family picture from the whole trip.

Once we got to Bainbridge Island it was lunch time. We headed down to a waterfront restaraunt. I ordered oysters and ended up not being a big fan of them. I've had them before, but these just weren't quite the same. After lunch we stepped next door to Pegasus Coffee. George said we drank so much coffee on our trip we may not need an airplane to fly home. We strolled around downtown Bainbridge stopping before we left at Mora for some wonderful ice cream. Seriously, probably some of the best ice cream I've ever had. It was so rich and creamy. George and I both had to throw some away because we just couldn't eat any more. We then waddled around downtown for a bit more and headed back to catch the ferry.

Once we were back downtown we walked up to Pioneer Square and tried to go to the Klondike Gold Rush Museum. They were about ready to close, so we had to walk through quickly, and didn't get to enjoy it as much as we would have liked. We got back to the car and headed back to the hotel. We were pretty exhausted so we decided to order in dinner from a local italian place and call it a night.

1 comment:

lydia said...

That gum wall is disgusting, but kind of interesting. It makes for an interesting picture! Love the family picture! And, that jacket is really cute!