Thursday, November 30, 2006

Let it snow! Let it snow!

Good morning! After days of predicting a "nasty" winter storm, it arrived here yesterday afternoon. We let our students out just 10 minutes early, and shortly after, all the teachers rushed out as well. My homebound commute usually takes about 45 minutes, while yesterday I averaged a speed of 40 miles an hour, it took me nearly twice that long, but I was glad to make it home without incident.

Last night I got the call that I could enjoy the day off today, because school was cancelled. Although, I'm disappointed, yes, disappointed I can't work today because I have a lot I need to do, I am also very thankful that I didn't have to get up and drive the 35 miles of icy roads.

In watching the forecast where they are still anticipating some snow on top of the icy roads, I came across these beautiful pictures which reminded me of the awesome powers our Lord has. He controls all things; days ago there were fruits budding on trees in 70 degree weather, while today it is 18 degrees with a beautiful glassy coat of ice.

For all of you within the path of this storm and the one going to follow, please be careful on the roads.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your first snow day in Blue Springs, Liz! You might get another one tomorrow! If you have to get out, PLEASE be very careful.

strem said...

Thanks for the heads up from your area... so we could be prepared here. I hope both of you are being safe! I was hoping for a day at home enjoying the snow... but alas, I still had to come into work. Besides, the cable is out and most of the church folks' power is out, so there'd be very little TV or movie watching that could be done.