Sunday, November 26, 2006

Back to the real world...

We had a wonderful break and were able to see numerous family and friends. Wednesday evening we headed out from Overland Park and made the nearly six hour trip to George's parents. We arrived late so his parents were in bed, and we called it a night shortly after arriving as well.

Thursday morning his parents, sister (Joann), George, and I crunched into his dad's Civic and made the three hour journey to George's Aunt Marge's home where she and his cousin, Cathy, had prepared quite the feast. We stayed there and visited with various aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. until later afternoon, then returned to the Civic for the ride home. Thursday evening we spent just visiting with is parents about various things and watched a little bit of tv.

Friday morning I woke up early out of habit, George woke up a little later, then we helped his dad relocate his office to George's former office. A bit before noon it was time to venture towards my parent's home. Friday evening we ate dinner with my sister, Sarah, and her family, and decided to do a little bit of "Black Friday" Christmas shopping.

As always, there was a lot going on at my parent's house as they were planning to head out for a trip. Saturday morning we ran to Columbia and ran some errands for my parents, then I came home and did a little bit of stuff around the house, played with the kids, etc. while George headed over to the church to help my brother-in-law, Mike, work on the church renovations.

The church looks wonderful! There is still a lot of work to do of course, but most of the major renovation is completed and they are addressing the asthetics now. We are very excited and thankful that the church is allowing us to have the wedding there.

Lastly, Sunday we went to Pleasant Grove for church. It was a wonderful service. Elder Bill Pollard was back from being isolated after having his kidney transplant almost two months ago. At this point we still weren't able to shake his hand or hug him, but we really wanted to. He shared his testimony of the surgery and seemed in very good spirits. We continue to thank the Lord for being merciful thus far to him and his sister, Lisa, after their sugeries.

This week is full as usual. My cousin, his wife, and their two children are headed here to spend a few days. I'm looking forward to being able to visit with them.

1 comment:

strem said...

I'm so happy things went so well for you this past week. It seems hardly any of us can get away from all of the driving, but I am thankful we have family to go visit! Glad George was able to put in some "man time" with Mike at the church. I cannot wait to see the renovations!!! And, thank you! thank you! thank you! for including an update about Brother Bill and his sister. They have very much been in my prayers. Hope we can catch up again soon.